Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Here goes nothin.......

As the countdown until I leave my home, family, and life as I know it, nears 2 days, I am finally writing my first (of hopefully many) posts on this online-journal-of-sorts called a blog.  As many of you know, I was not originally crazy about the idea of keeping a blog.  I don't even like the sound of the word "blog." In fact, it took quite a bit of convincing for me to start keeping a journal to document my last big trip.  You mean it's normal for people to spend time reflecting on their adventures, collecting those thoughts, and writing them down?  The idea was foreign to me.  Turns out, keeping a journal, or at least keeping track of where you've gone and what you've experienced while travelling, is quite beneficial - thanks, Audrey! 

Because I want to share my adventures with friends and family at home, and I'd hate to make everyone read through pages of mass distributed email updates, I decided this blog would be the best forum.  I'm not sure how it will shape up and I can't promise to post every day, every week, or even every couple weeks, but will try to keep you updated on life as time permits. 

I hope you enjoy reading, but if not, don't worry.  It won't hurt my feelings.  I've never been one to read blogs so I totally understand.  If you're not getting the info or the amount of detail that you're looking for - email me!  I'm happy to share and welcome any ideas for new posts.  Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Heda! Thanks for the shout out! I'm looking forward to catching up on your "blogging" adventures. It's the day after Noelle's wedding and I thought about you the rest of the night when I saw you on skype. Good luck in your upcoming race. I miss you and love you dearly. Be safe and I'm so proud of you!!
    Audrey C.

    ReplyDelete